First Aid, Clothing and Climate
- Make sure to learn CPR and how to administer first aid before spending time in the wilderness. Use this guide to ensure you are thoroughly prepared and ready to treat any injury that may occur.
- Use this guide to understand first aid steps and ensure you are prepared for outdoor activities.
- Prepare for outdoor emergencies with these tips that raise hypothermia awareness.
- Hypothermia: Prevention, Survival in Cold Weather
- Learn the seven basic survival skills including proper clothes to wear when backpacking or hiking.
- Use these tips when heading out to the desert to ensure your safety.
- Learn how to choose the perfect spot for shelter based upon location, comfort, visibility and availability.
- Discover how to create emergency shelter in times of survival, such as after an airplane crash.
- Learn how to make emergency shelter in the winter out of snow and ice, as well as other survival tips.
- Use these photos as guides for building 15 different types of survival shelters when in the wilderness.
- Learn why it’s important to insulate your survival shelter and lay a debris carpet for flooring with these wilderness survival tips.
- Follow these steps and make a snow cave if you’re in snow and need emergency shelter.
- Learn how to make a fire without using conventional tools during times of survival.
- This survival guides teaches you how to make a fire when in the outdoors. Make sure to position the fire a safe distance away from your shelter.
- Those camping or staying in the wilderness can use these tips for creating a safe fire outdoors.
- Learn how to use kindling and fuel to prepare an outdoor fire when camping or utilizing survival skills.
- Discover how to use various tools such as tin cans, crayons and newspaper as fire starters.
- Learn the many ways that fire is beneficial during an emergency and how to correctly and safely build an outdoor fire.
Plants, Animals and Safe Cooking Tips
- Spearfishing is an ancient fishing practice, but make sure you spearfish in an area that is legal.
- Learn how to make a survival hunting bow with these steps.
- Discover what herbs and plants are edible and which are not.
- Learn how to choose the most appropriate survival foods, including animal, insect and reptilian sources.
- Learn how to cook food in the wild and other survival tips with this wilderness survival guide.
- Use this quick reference guide to edible, survival foods in Canada when in the wilderness.
How to Find Water
- Use these resources to find and conserve water in the wild.
- Learn how to find water in hidden places and discover clean drinking water in times of need and survival.
- Discover the varied methods used for water purification and select the most applicable for your wilderness excursions.
- Learn how to purify water whether camping, hiking or traveling in the wilderness.
- Use these tips to learn how to find water if you are lost or trapped in the wilderness.
- Learn how water is one of the most important aspects of wilderness survival.
- Follow these guidelines to avoid dangerous predators such as bears and cougars when hiking, camping or in the wilderness.
- Learn about wilderness safety and how to identify dangerous predators with this guide.
- Stay safe from predators and other animals when in the wilderness by utilizing the tips in this resource guide.
- Learn wilderness and survival techniques from Survivorman and ensure you are safe are from predators such as bears and snakes.
- Feeding wildlife attracts dangerous predators and jeopardizes public health.
- Learn how to attract attention when lost in the wilderness by using various signals for help.
- Use these different types of signals to attract attention and call for help when stranded outdoors.
- Whether on land or sea, these tips and resources will come in handy for those who are stranded and need to use signals to call attention to their location.
- Discover how to use fire or even sunshine to attract attention if lost in the wilderness and create a signal.
- Learn how to use a cell phone for help if stranded in the wilderness.
Order a Metal Shed as Shelter for your Equipment
People aren’t the only ones who need protection from the environment – your property does too! A metal shed from Alan’s Factory Outlet is the perfect protection for all your storage needs. Our pre-assembled sheds are made from steel to stand up to the harshest weather elements. So, whether you need to protect your lawn equipment, a motorcycle, or anything else, our sheds are up to the task. Order today for free delivery and installation!