Not only is getting rid of unwanted junk a perfect way to clean out your home, but it also clears your mind. De-cluttering the home is a great way to instantly feel calmer and more organized. Having an organized home can also increase productivity, because it is much more practical to only keep items that are used frequently. Although the thought of sorting through your belongings might be daunting, it is important to periodically get rid of unwanted items by donating or selling them. Garage sales are a great way to clear your home of unused junk while simultaneously making a little extra money. Garage sales are also wonderful because they help those in need-by listing unwanted household items at low prices, you are helping families who may not be able to otherwise afford them. Keep reading to find out more about how to plan, organize, and throw a successful yard sale.
How to Organize and Purge Your House of Unwanted Belongings
- Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros – Seven tips for getting rid of household items.
- How To Get Rid of Practically Anything – Consider donating certain items to those in need. This article from Consumer Reports lists a number of organizations that take old stuffed animals, clothing, and electronics.
- How to Get Rid of Clutter – Several useful ideas for determining the right items to keep, sell, and donate.
- De-Junk Your Life – An article about the psychological benefits of de-cluttering. The end of the article contains a number of organizing tips.
- 8 Weeks to a Less Cluttered Home – Have a de-cluttered home in 8 weeks by spending thirty minutes a day on a specific room of the house.
- 3 Steps to an Organized Garage Sale – Tips for organizing your garage sale items.
How to Prepare for Your Garage Sale
- Create a Free Yard Sale Sign – Enter your information and create a free printable yard sale sign.
- Organizing a Yard or Garage Sale – Steps to make setting up and organizing a yard sale a snap.
- Your Best Yard Sale Ever – 14 tips for setting up a successful yard sale.
- Easy Organizing: Yard Sales – Includes tips for deciding on a location and displaying your items.
- Top Tips for Hosting a Profitable Garage Sale – Several good ideas for throwing a successful sale, with links to a few useful articles and checklists.
- Checklist for a Successful Garage Sale – A checklist with sections dedicated to planning, sorting, and advertising.
Garage Sale and Flea Market Location Guides
- Garage Sales, Yard Sales, and Estate Sales By Map – A comprehensive database of garage sales organized by city and state.
- Find a Junk Market Near You – Browse by state to find a flea market in your area.
- Garage Sales Tracker: Search for Garage Sales – Search for a garage sale in your area or browse all of the listings.
Garage Sale Tips & Resources
- Pricing Garage Sale Items – A guide for deciding prices for a garage sale.
- Having a Successful Yard Sale – A comprehensive list of tips for throwing a successful sale and getting all that extra stuff off of your garage floor.
- Garage Sale Ads That Attract Buyers – How to advertise in a way that will draw in customers.
- A Fun Printable Garage Sale Sign – A free, unique printable sign that is sure to catch the attention of shoppers.
Garage Sale Pricing Guides
- How to Purge and Price Items – A great guide that discusses not only how to get rid of unwanted items but how to properly price them as well.
- Pricing Guide for Garage Sales – A list of recommended garage sale prices for a variety of common items.