Your car is an important part of your everyday life. You need it to go to work, go to school, go on vacations and hundreds of other uses. For many people driving a car is as simple as turning the key and going, with the only concern being if they have enough gasoline in the car to get you where you need to go. However, automobiles are very complicated and all parts need to be functioning properly for you to use it safely. And, it involves more than just putting gas in the tank!
Your car needs to be regularly maintained to function properly. Many maintenance tasks should be done on a regular basis. Regularly car owners should make sure that the oil in changed in their vehicles, make sure that the air pressure is sufficient in the tires, and in between oil changes check the fluid levels to make sure they are up to proper levels. In addition, drivers should always be listening to their cars. In some cases, that squeak you hear may be an indication that you have a problem developing.
For most of the maintenance items that your car needs, you should visit your professional auto mechanic. They have the tools, knowledge and ability to diagnose and correct problems that might be developing in your car. But, you as the owner and driver of your vehicle should also take an active role in maintaining your car.
To help you be more involved in making sure your car runs as well as it is supposed to, we have provided several resources for you to review. Please feel free to look them over, and hopefully they will help you understand how to keep your car running efficiently. Happy motoring!
- Basic Car Care Information
- Car Care Tips
- Weekly Car Maintenance Checklist
- How to Change a Tire Step by Step
- Learn How to Change a Tire
- How to Check Tire Pressure and Inflate Tires
- Common Car Maintenance Tips
- Car Maintenance 101
- Tires and Oil Maintenance Tips
- Change Engine Oil
- Be Tire-Smart: Play Your Part
- Monthly Driver Checks
- Home Maintenance Tips
- At-Home Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
- Car Maintenance Tips
- Tire Safety
- How to Find Your Way Under the Hood and Around the Car
- Protect Your Car and the Environment
- Car Cleaning Tips from a Pro
- Common Maintenance Mistakes
- Car Maintenance
- Auto Repair and Maintenance
- Auto Maintenance Myths